If you want to load an .ePub eBook file you have purchased from a source other than Barnes & Noble onto your Nook eReader, you will need to sideload it. Sideloading is simply a fancy term for copying an eBook file from your computer or email account onto your eReader. Here are two methods for sideloading a Nitis Books .ePub eBook file onto your Nook:
- Save the .ePub eBook file you have purchased to a folder on your computer (perhaps to your desktop or in a folder called “eBooks”).
- Connect the Nook to your computer with the included USB cable.
- Open “My Computer” on Windows or look at the desktop on your Mac. Nook will show as a drive where the hard drive and other USB drives show. Double-click on the Nook drive to open it.
- In another window, open the folder where you saved the ePub eBook file you want to load onto your Nook.
- Now drag & drop the .ePub eBook file(s) from your computer to the root of the Nook, or to the “My Documents” folder.
- After the files are finished transferring to the Nook and before you unplug the USB cable, you must eject the device from the computer. Removing the USB cable before doing this can potentially damage your eBooks and/or the Nook. Simply right-click on the Nook drive and select the undock, eject, or unmount option.
Posted in: eBook FAQ