If you want to load an .ePub eBook file you have purchased from a source other than iTunes onto your iPad or iPhone, you will need to sideload it. Sideloading is simply a fancy term for copying an eBook file from your computer or email account onto an eReader device. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to sideload a Nitis Books .ePub eBook file onto your iPad or iPhone:
- Download the .ePub file and save it on your desktop or someplace on your computer you can easily access.
- Launch iTunes and select (Add to Library…) from the File menu.
- Select the .ePub eBook you downloaded and click the Choose button.
- From iTunes, select “Books” from the list of libraries on the left. The book should now be listed in your iTunes library.
- Connect your iPad or iPhone to the computer and select it from the list of devices on the left.
- Choose the “Books” tab.
- Check the “Sync Books” checkbox if it isn’t already enabled. You can sync all books in your library with your iPad or iPhone, or choose the select books you want to sync.
- Now click the “Apply” or “Sync” button at the bottom right of the window (you may receive a warning that this will erase all the books on your iPad if this is your first iBooks sync).
- Once the sync has completed, you can open iBooks on your iPad or iPhone to read your newly transferred title.
Posted in: eBook FAQ